1) Archiving a Blanket Orders
What? You can archive and delete blanket sales and purchase orders.
Why? Align with other archiving functionality.
How? Blanket Order Archiving feature is no longer specific to Switzerland, so Microsoft have made it generally available in the standard product.
2) Manage Users Option in Create Company Wizard
What? Other users can not log into new company created by administrator.
Why? Reason: admin forgot to add users.
How? Solution: Adding “Manage users” options to create company Wizard.
3) Improve Handling of Situations when Currency Exchange Rates are Missing
What? Improve handling of situations when currency exchange rates are missing
Why? One of the top user errors Microsoft observe in telemetry.
How? Confirmation dialog that guides users to Exchange Rate page. Notification on closing currency card about missing exchange rate.
4) Remind User to Release Purchase / Sales Order when Necessary
What? Improved warning for orders.
Why? If user forgot to release sales/purchase order, they are not available for warehouse handling.
How? Proper notification on closing document, which checks following conditions:
- • order is not released yet;
- • there are lines with filled in quantity;
- • location is selected in lines;
- • location requires Pick/Ship; Receive/Put-away.
5) Blocked Items are Hidden in the Lookups
What? Block item filtered out lookups.
Why? Customers could have thousands of items with some “blocked” when they are no longer used. These blocked items still show up in lookups when adding items to Sales Invoices which makes the list of items much longer and causes confusion as to what items are actually available.
How? Modified the Table Relation property (Table Filter = Blocked =CONST(No)) in documents and journals.
6) Support of Items of Type “Non-inventory”
What? Add support for non-inventory items.
Why? Use pricing/discount structure from Items, but keep out of inventory (in addition to pricing: unit of measures, default vendors and additional vendors, extended descriptions, replacements, tariff numbers and etc.).
How? Create new item type along Inventory and Service Enable item of type Non-Inventory in consumption scenarios.
What is Non-Inventory items? It is items, that you can buy or sell, but don’t want to keep as inventory.
7) Late Payment Prediction
What? Inform user about potential issues with customer invoices to be paid late.
Why? Late payments lead to less accurate cash flow forecasts and liquidity problems. Risk of setting up the sub optimal payment methods for sales documents help AR team to focus on risky invoices and avoid not-needed contacts with customers that pay on-time.
How? Late Payment Prediction extension. Azure ML model via ML Prediction Management API.
8) Improved Search
The search option has also been enhanced and categorized where previous search results were only related to pages and reports. In the upcoming release with the improvement in logic, the search results will also include the actions on the current page and the documentation along with the reports and pages.
From the search itself you can check and perform the tasks that you want (for example: Create a contact for customer)
Enter the contact details for the customer and click on OK
9) Permission Sets can be created as well as Permission Sets can be modified and also indented as well. Click on More Options to get the details.
Changing the Permission Sets in Business Central:
Added an execute permission:
10) Business Central and Power BI
Power BI (Microsoft’s data analytics tool) is pretty cool all on its own but combined with Business Central, it reaches a whole new level of awesome. Power BI content appears directly in microsoft dynamics 365 business central, so you never have to leave the app to get meaningful analytics. Even better, Power BI pulls data from all of your systems, not just Business Central, so you can get a complete picture of your business in real time.
And it’s not just for the big stuff. When you click on items like a product or a transaction in a report, Power BI serves up snapshots related to that specific item. For example, clicking on an inventory item might show you the current inventory level and sales forecast for that product.
11) Business Central and outlook
The integration between Business Central and Outlook allows you to complete Business Central activities without ever leaving your inbox. If a customer emails an inquiry, you can create and send a quote back to them directly from Outlook. If the customer approves the quote, you can create, send, and post an invoice, also in Outlook. There’s no need to jump back and forth between applications, import or export documents, or manually enter data.
12) Assisted setup window in business central
This consist of all the extensions available , complete the setup and use functionality.
13) Extended Functionality
- • Business Central allows you to install extensions developed by ISV (Independent software vendor) partners directly from Microsoft AppSource. That way you can expand the application’s functionality and quickly test and try out the new options and then quickly uninstall the add-on if it does not meet the needs you expected.
- • Business Central is constantly updated, so rather than waiting for the annual version release, as we know it from Dynamics NAV, Business Central is updated on a monthly basis.
Disclaimer– “All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Dynamics Square / MPG Business Information Systems Pvt. Ltd. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.”