Jet Reports is a database querying tool built into Excel.
- An Excel like function that is a Jet Report Database Query.
The Functions Queries the Database.
The Query extracts data from the database and returns the results it into the Excel Worksheet.
The Menu For Jet Reports In Excel is:-
The Points(1-5) in the above Image are as Follows:-
- 1. About
- From About Menu you can Check the Jet Version, Build of Jet Reports.
- 2. Data Source Settings
- From This Menu you can
- a. Data Source Type.
b. create New Data Source.
c. set Database.
d. Authentication Mode.
- 3. Shows your currently Selected Data Source.
- 4. Shows Company Selected.
- 5. Application Settings Menu
- From this menu you can set
- a. Path of Snippets Folder.
b. License Path.
c. SMTP Settings (For Emails).
d. Logging Activation and Path.
Note:- First Three Buttons in Menus shown above are enabled/disabled based on your License. Design Menu is Only Available to users who are Designers as per your Licence.Report & Refresh Menu are available to some Jet Users.
Now, Lets Discuss the Rest of the Modes Menu.
Design – Enters “Design” mode. This mode is used for all report editing/development.
Report – Enters “Report” mode. This mode is used to view the results of the report queries.
Refresh – Enters “Report” mode, but clears all cached formula results prior to running the report data.
Unlock – This menu option will un-protect all Protected Rows, Columns and Sheets in workbook and restore Jet Formulas without navigating to Design Mode.
UnHide – Make all Rows and Columns and Sheets in the workbook as visible without entering the Design Mode.
Purge Cache – Removes all data from cache, so that all the Jet Formulas are re-calculated when report is run.
Types of Jet Users
There are Three Types Of Jet Users:-
- 1. Designer
- A Designer user Has all permissions in Jet Reports. He/She Can Edit Existing Jet Report and can create New Jet Reports.
The Menu for Designer is as shown below.
- 2. Viewer
- A Viewer Has limited permissions. He/She Can Only run reports and change filters that have been allowed by the Designer.
The Menu for Designer is as shown below. The actions related to Designing and Modifying the Jet Reports are disabled by Default.
- 3. Excel User
- A Excel User Can only view reports as Excel workbooks. He/She Cannot change filters or run reports. You can consider it a user who does not have Jet Installed.
The Menu for Excel User is as Shown Below.
- While Creating a Jet Report in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, we need to take care of Type of Users for which we are creating Reports. He/She can be a Viewer or a Excel Users.
There are certain Keywords which are used so that an Excel user can see the output of Report without installing Jet Reports.
Disclaimer– “All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Dynamics Square / MPG Business Information Systems Pvt. Ltd. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.”