A New Reporting Feature has been Introduced for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 i.e. Word Layout. Now, it Basically means that we can use both of layouts, RDLC and Word. It Includes Four Built-in Report Layouts that are used on Reports by Default. These are: Sales-Quote (1304), Sales-Confirmation (1305), Sales-Invoice (1306) and Sales- Credit Memo (1307).
By Default all of these reports are configured as ‘RDLC (built-in)’, but we can Change the Layout on Report Layout Selection.
These Reports Can Also Be Customized using ‘Custom Layouts’ command. Now, the Question arises if we need more Documents reports in Word Layout such as Purchase Documents.
The Advantage of this Feature is that you can give your customers to prepare own Documents and Don’t Spend your time on this Job. Because of this, we will be able to Create Word Layout for new Documents. For Example, I Will Create Purchase Receipt Document Report.
Create a Word Document
Firstly, you have to Create Word Document.
Now, you need to put all required Information (Only as Captions) on Header, But on Line, You need to put Caption in one Line and only one line for data because this line will be repeatable. Now, Save it.
Import and Edit Document in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Open Report Layout Selection and Change Selected Layout to ‘Custom Layout’.
- Run “New” and Choose ‘Insert Word Layout’.
- Fill Some of your Description and Import Layout from already created Word Document.
- Now, Press “Edit” and Prepare Layout
- On Developer tab, You Will find XML Mapping Pane and find your document in Custom XML Part.
- Now, you can find all the Fields from Dataset.
- Add these fields to place you want, pressing right-click on some field in the dataset and Choose ‘Insert Content Control’ and ‘Repeating’.
- After this, add Fields you need. Save the Document and Close.
Press Yes on Window and Choose this Custom Layout In Report Layout Selection.
You Can Try this report on ‘Run Command’ and you can see this document as Word or PDF if you Choose it.
Disclaimer– “All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Dynamics Square / MPG Business Information Systems Pvt. Ltd. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.”